Mine was pretty good. Nick thought he could send me away to another country. But then he ran into some packaging problems.
It’s not snowing, it’s raining. Shouldn’t be surprised if you’re on this side of the world. Today is my first day of Christmas vacation. I go back to work next year. It’s also the first time I finally got to sleep in. Vacations should always be like that.
It was a bit hard for me to get out of bed today. I woke up to the sadness that I am not with my family. I am missing my parents and brothers terribly. I miss all the talking and the laughing during the holidays. We’d all go Christmas shopping together, have dinner somewhere and then be home around midnight or later.
I love my family so much. It’s hard being away from them. Hopefully next year, money won’t be an issue and Nick and I will be able to fly home to a warm Christmas.
Nick has been really sweet to me though. He is such a good husband. Making sure my Christmas, even without my family, will be the best Christmas ever. I am blessed to have him.
We’re going to be off soon. We’re going to work our way up north by visiting family and friends and finally ending at Nick’s parents house. I pray for a Merry Merry Christmas this year. And may next year be another great year for our family.
I know I kind of didn’t end this post on merry tone but Merry Christmas everyone! I pray for blessings over you all.
It has now been 4 years since Nick and I made our vows. How time flies! 4 years may sound like nothing to those who have been married for like 15 years and more. But I guess they understand since they too have probably felt the same way Nick and I are feeling.
It has been 4 crazy and amazing years being married to the most wonderful man in the world. I can’t thank God enough for He has blessed me with a man that was more than I have ever dreamed of. I feel like I’ve said this last year and the year before that. Let’s try something different. Here are some of my thoughts on our 4 years of marriage.
1. The first year was hard (like most marriages) since we were just getting to know each other. Not just two people coming together as man and woman, but our backgrounds are totally different. It was sort of, a clash of the cultures that we both had to work on. Eventually, after that first year, things got better and better. Now Nick knows me so much that we have become such a great team together.
2. There is nothing like marrying my best friend. I get to be who I am. Dance like a dork in the living room, make funny faces, walk like a clown, and do other crazy things and I know that my husband still loves me for who I am.
3. Don’t let a day go by without saying “I love you” to each other. I know actions speak louder than words, and they do, but for me, just hearing it everyday makes me feel more and more loved. I grew up in a house where we didn’t say “I love you’s” much. It’s the truth. Although my parents did a lot to show it and I know they love me but I felt like I didn’t hear it enough. So hearing it from my husband is such a breath of fresh air that I savor it everytime I hear it.
4. Selflessness and laughter are the things that I truly enjoy in our marriage. I struggle a lot on the first part and Nick’s really good at it but it’s something that I think marriages should have. Laughing together is such a great thing because we get to release the tensions and stresses of the day as we enjoy each other. We are both dorks so it works out really well. HAHA!
5. Taking walks together is not only good for our health but for marriage as well. There are no distractions, we get to enjoy the stars, and get fit at the same time. Everytime Nick and I take our nightly walks we always end up with the best conversations. We would end up talking about our dreams, future little kiddies, the ministry we’d have as a family, and basically living the life God intended us to live. I’ve found that the only times that we both truly get to be open with each other is during our walks and talks in bed (Of course we don’t just talk in bed. Some amazing stuff happens there too. Hahaha!) I truly recommend taking long walks with your spouse.
6. I have been more in love with Nick than when we first got married.
I know I have a couple more points up my sleeve to write but I have to go to bed and spend the rest of our anniversary night together. He just finished his HW. So off I go. Good night everyone!